Get your step-by-step guide to raising guineas in 2-3 days.   Click on #12 and submit your poetry about guineas to this online book.
Guinea Fowl Message Board
est. April 10, 1998
Click for guineafowl webring information and links.
w  w  w  .  g  u  i  n  e  a  f  o  w  l  .  c  o  m
Guinea Fowl photos - Hundreds of pictures of guineas - add yours!   Click to read more information about the Guinea Fowl Breeders Association - a non-profit international group interested in learning current information about raising guineas.

For questions, comments and answers about raising guineas alone or with other feathered friends.

1. Male or Female Guineas ?
  2. Color Chart  Color Genetics
  3. Basic Information + Guinea Photos
  4. Raising Guineas - step-by-step
  5. Breeders List for guinea eggs & keets
  6. Symptoms/Treatments  Ortho   Vets
  7. guineafowl.com & gfba.org sponsors
      8.    Guinea Fowl General Store
      9.    Fowl House Chat
    10.    GuineaFowl YahooGroups
    11.    Emoticons :-)   Trolls :-(
    12.    Contact Us
    13.    Read Before Posting
    14.    GFMB for 18 & under & 4H

Aggressive Males
Posted by: Cheryl (IP Logged)
Date: September 25, 2012 01:01AM

I have 20 quineas, 14 males and 6 hens. At about 5 months old. One female started cowering in the corner afraid, then 2 more and now 2 more have joined. The other one is does not seem to be afraid.
The 5 stay together most of the time. The males will chase them in an aggressive way, some thimes even pulling their feathers. They have stopped laying also. I am not sure if it is the time of year or being afraid of the males. Also all of the group have been losing their feathers for weeks.
When the males relax after they all are let out of their house then the females will mingle with the group. Even then a male might threaten them.
When out free ranging the hens stay together, one sort of stays by herself, the smallest.
Before this most of them had mates.
Before this started I lost a large female. I am not sure what happened to her. She was found in their house laying with her feet out. No sign of trauma. Maybe egg bound. I am not sure if this had anything to do with the males being aggressive.
Any ideas?
Cheryl in PA.

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Aggressive Males 617 Cheryl 09/25/2012 01:01AM
  Re: Aggressive Males ?? Maybe Not 306 PhyllisCT 09/25/2012 12:24PM
  Re: Aggressive Males ?? Maybe Not 213 Cheryl 09/26/2012 12:39AM

Goto:Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

By posting a message you are agreeing that you will abide by the Terms of Use

Click Here to order Gardening with Guineas.

Google